This is SO cool! Honeydew “Gazpacho” is getting rave reviews from the guests of Eight Broads in the Kitchen this summer, and no wonder. It has a refreshing taste that says “summer.” It’s easy to make. And there are fewer than 20 calories per serving!
If you have any left over, add 2-3 ounces of tequila and 1-2 ounces of Cointreau for each cup of “gazpacho,” blend, and voila! Honeydew Margaritas! Ole!
Photo? Sorry but Honeydew “Gazpacho” doesn’t sit long enough to be photographed.
Recipe from The William Henry Miller Inn and Birchwood Inn
Serves 8-10 with 1/3 to 1/2 cup per person
Amount Measure Ingredient — Preparation Method
——– ———— ——————————–
1 Ripe honeydew, cut in big chunks
2 The zest of two limes (or more to taste)
2 The juice of two limes (or more to taste)
1/4 cup Sugar
1 tbs. Plain yogurt
Lemon croutons (cut lemon bread into cubes;toast in the oven until just golden)
Diced watermelon and cantaloupe
Sprig of mint (optional)
1. Place the honeydew chunks in a food processor. Process until nearly
2. Pour the honeydew into a blender. Blend until thoroughly pureed.
3. Add the sugar, lime zest (reserving a bit for garnish), lime juice, and
yogurt. (Add the mint.)
4. Blend thoroughly. Add more lime if needed.
5. Refrigerate. Blend the “soup” in the blender again before serving.
6. Pour 1/3 to 1/2 cup of the “soup” into a martini glass. Add lemon croutons.
7. Add the diced melons.
8. Sprinkle a bit of zest in each glass.
William Henry Miller Inn
Lynnette Scofield, Bed and Breakfast Foodie
Ellen Chenaux, Bed and Breakfast Foodie