8 Broads in the Kitchen News
Announcing DESSERTS! by 8 Broads in the Kitchen – Hot off the Presses!
Yup! We’ve done it again!
The 8 Broads in the Kitchen are on a sugar high, celebrating our 10th anniversary with the publication of our sweetest cookbook yet, Desserts! We’ve sacrificed our waistlines and loosened our belts to bring you our best 150 dessert recipes ever.
Desserts! has a variety of decadent treasures – from cakes, cookies, cobblers, crisps, and cocktails, to pies and puddings; from chocolate goodies and fruit desserts to icy treats; from prize winners to family favorites and foreign accents. We’ve even included easy and fun recipes for kids–or for the kid in you.
With 100 full-color photos throughout, you’ll be sure to find something to satisfy any sweet tooth.
The 8 Broads had lots of help in creating this cookbook, commandeering taste testers from our families, friends, and friends of friends. Desserts! is a companion to our earlier delightful collection, Breakfast & Brunch Recipes.
The 8 Broads in the Kitchen are eight women who are innkeepers or retired innkeepers from across the US. Ten years ago, we put our heads and talents together to create a blog, at a time when few people had even heard of a blog. Through the blog, we have connected with friends, inn guests, family, fellow innkeepers, and cooks and bakers throughout the US and beyond. Our blog eventually led us to consulting, creating a presence on many social media sites, as well as presenting webinars and workshops at local, regional, and national events. But most of all, we love stirring up fun in the kitchen!
Not all superheroes wear capes. Some wear aprons and create irresistible Desserts!
Desserts! by 8 Broads in the Kitchen (available now)
Copies can be purchased from any of the Broads or through the store on this website.
256 pages, quality paperback (8” x 10”), Full Color throughout, $22.99
Published by Walnut Street Books, Available from Amazon.com and other booksellers
For wholesale information contact:
Merle Good, Publisher, Walnut Street Books email@example.com
Upcoming 8 Broads in the Kitchen Cooking Classes, Demonstrations, and Signings
Book Signings for Desserts!
Saturday, September 14, 2019 – at the White Oak Inn during Oakstock 5:00pm to 10:00pm
Saturday, September 14, 2019 – At Redbud House in New Oxford, PA 11:00am to 2:00pm
Some of the other articles and press clippings about 8 Broads in a Kitchen and our individual inns:
- White Oak Inn featured in Select Registry article “8 Gazebos for Romantic Getaways”
- White Oak Inn murder mysteries featured in blog article by Sand and Snow and Everywhere in Between
- White Oak Inn featured in “Only in Your State” article about 12 Charming Bed and Breakfasts perfect for a getaway.
- Debbie Mosimann of Swiss Woods and Eight Broads mentioned in article in Lancaster Online
- William Henry Miller inn mentioned as one of 25 Perfect Romantic Fall Vacations in New York State by Vacation Idea Magazine
- Lynnette Scofield of The William Henry Miller Inn wins Innkeeper of the Year Award from Select Registry
- Lynnette gets a mention for her famous monogrammed toilet paper in the article “7 Unexpected Jobs Innkeepers Perform Daily”
- Travel blogger Andrea on Vacation reports on her visit to Brampton Inn
- Brampton Inn mentioned as one of 25 Perfect Romantic Fall Vacations in Maryland by Vacation Idea Magazine