A killer brownie!
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1 stick (4 oz.) unsalted butter
2 large eggs
1 cup sugar
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup un-bleached flour, sift after measuring
1 ½ cup pecans, chopped, (optional, the brownies are delicious just plain.)
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Line an 8 inch square baking dish with aluminium foil and spray with pan coating.
• In the top of a double boiler add butter and chocolate. Set over barely simmering water (don’t let bottom of pan touch water) and gently stir until chocolate and butter are melted together. Remove from water and set aside to cool.
• In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar and salt until just combined.
• With a rubber spatula gently fold in the chocolate-butter mixture, then the sifted flour and the nuts if using. Do not to over-mix!
• Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake until they are slightly puffed and just set, roughly 25 to 30 minutes. Do not over bake.
• Let cool completely before removing the foil. Cut into 16 squares.
I dare you to eat just one…enjoy!