As an alternative to traditional nachos, the potatoes add a tasty gluten-free base for the nacho toppings. This appetizer is one of our offerings for receptions.
Potato Nachos: An awesome appetizer recipe from Lookout Point
- 8 medium size red potatoes
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix (or substitute Mediterranean Sea Salt for GF option)
- 1 jar (12 ounces) sliced jalapeno peppers
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 chopped green onions
- 1 jar sliced black olives
Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes or just until tender. Do not overcook. Drain and cool.
Cut potatoes into 1/4 inch thick slices. Place in a single layer on two parchment-lined baking pans (10 x 15 inches).
Sprinkle the ranch dressing on each potato slice. Top with cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese and jalapeno slices (one or two per potato).
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cheese is melted. To serve, top with a small dollop of sour cream and an olive slice. Sprinkle chopped onions over the nachos.