8 Broads in the Kitchen News
Most Recent News
Our cookbook has received great reviews!
Two of our 8 Broads were recently listed in The Daily Meal’s list of the top 50 US Bed and Breakfasts for Food. Kristie was listed in position #26 and Ellen at position #7. Way to go ladies!!
Lynnette Scofield, the Ithaca Broad, received Select Registry’s honor of Innkeeper of the Year. We are so proud of her.
Upcoming 8 Broads in the Kitchen Cooking Classes and Demonstrations
Saturday, September 24, 2016–Lookout Point Lakeside Inn
Everything Bread: From Yeast to Sweet! If you’re reluctant to work with yeast, this class is for you. 8 Broads in the Kitchen’s bread-maker extraordinaire, Kathryn White, returns to Arkansas from Pennsylvania to lead this class. You’ll work with dough, learn great tricks to make bread easily, plus make some non-yeast items.
Saturday November 12, 2016–Lookout Point Lakeside Inn
Cheesecake Heaven Good cheesecake is limitless in varieties to create. Cheesecake pro Tiffany Wilson headlines the class, assisted by Kristie. We’ll even make a patriotic cheesecake in honor of Veterans’ Day.
News Information Archive
The 8 Broads have been long-term contributors to Innkeeping Now Magazine.
Some of the other articles and press clippings about 8 Broads in a Kitchen and our individual inns:
- Food For Thought – Hot Springs on the Go features an article on Kristie’s Cooking Classes at Lakepoint.
- White Oak Inn featured in Select Registry article “8 Gazebos for Romantic Getaways”
- White Oak Inn murder mysteries featured in blog article by Sand and Snow and Everywhere in Between
- White Oak Inn featured in “Only in Your State” article about 12 Charming Bed and Breakfasts perfect for a getaway.
- Lookout Point Lakeside Inn featured in NPR article and interview
- Lookout Point Lakeside Inn featured in Select Registry article “Best Lake Vacations in the US”
- Lookout Point Lakeside Inn chosen by Southern Living as one of the best inns in the South
- USA Today article “5 Myths about Bed and Breakfasts” mentions Lookout Point Lakeside Inn
- Luxury Digs at Lookout Point Lakeside Inn featured in Loving this Life travel blog article
- Swiss Woods Bed and Breakfast recipe featured in Lancaster Online
- Debbie Mosimann of Swiss Woods and Eight Broads mentioned in article in Lancaster Online
- William Henry Miller inn mentioned as one of 25 Perfect Romantic Fall Vacations in New York State by Vacation Idea Magazine
- Lynnette Scofield of The William Henry Miller Inn wins Innkeeper of the Year Award from Select Registry
- Lynnette gets a mention for her famous monogrammed toilet paper in the article “7 Unexpected Jobs Innkeepers Perform Daily”
- Get to Know Innkeeper Lynnette in this article from BNBFinder
- Travel blogger Andrea on Vacation reports on her visit to Brampton Inn
- Brampton Inn mentioned as one of 25 Perfect Romantic Fall Vacations in Maryland by Vacation Idea Magazine
View our Press Kit for more information.